Lemon Chicken is one preparation which is healthy, uses practically no spices and is very tasty.
Chicken 1 kg Dalchini 2-3 1/2 sticks
Cloves 6-8 Green Cardamom 4- 6
Black cardamom 3-4 Tejpatta 2
Green chilies 2-3 Red chili powder
Black pepper whole 8-10 Coriander leaves
Cooking oil Salt
- Cut chicken into pieces of desired size.
- Slice green chilies through the middle up to half the length.
- Marinate with salt and 1 1/2 spoon lemon juice for fifteen minutes
- Heat 2 table spoon of oil.
- Add tejpatta broken into large pieces, dalchini,black cardamoms, green cardamoms and black pepper whole.
- When they start crackling add chicken and green chilies.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Cover and allow it to simmer on slow fire till almost cooked.
- Chicken will release its own juice.
- Keep checking from time to time to ensure that it does not burn. Add some water, if necessary.
- When cooked, removed from fire.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve. It can be eaten dry or with slight gravy. It goes very well with roti, paratha and puris. Dhania chutney is a good accompaniment with this dish.