You can cheat your friends with Chane ka Kabab. It tastes just like mutton shami kabab. Vegetarians also can enjoy it without any qualms.
Soaked Chana 2 cups Onions 2 medium
Garlic 4 cloves Ginger 1/2 inch
Jeera 1 tea spoon Dhania powder 1 tea spoon
Red Chili powder 1/2 tea spoon Black pepper 8-10 grains
Garam Masala whole 1 tea spoon Resins
Pudina leaves Green chillis
Cooking Oil Salt
Please adjust the ingredients according to taste.
- Put the Chana, onions, ginger, garlic, jeera, Dhania powder, garam masala whole and salt in a pressure cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Boil till the chana becomes soft.
- Remove from fire and allow it to cool.
- Open the lid and check water. If any water is left, put it on fire and dry the water.
- Cool the chana and grind it fine.
- Mix chopped green chillis and pudina leaves.
- Take some dough and make round cups.
- Put one or two resins and make round balls.
- Flatten the balls and shallow fry on a tawa or frying pan on medium fire.
Make sure that the dough is not very hard. Otherwise the kababs will turn out hard. The finished kababs should be soft.
The kabas are ready. Garnish and serve. It goes fabulously well with dhania chutney or tomato ketchup. It can be eaten both as a snack or with rotis, puris and parathas.
If you put more water and do not dry it after boiling, the broth makes excellent and very healthy soup.